1. By signing this document you declare that you are the owner, or an authorized agent of the owner to make arrangements for shipping the owner’s vehicle(s) (Hereinafter referred to as Client or Shipper). Client warrants that it is the registered legal owner of the vehicle, or that it has been duly authorized by the legal owners to enter into this agreement with MAGIC CARPET AUTO TRANSPORT(hereinafter referred to as MCAT).
2. MCAT will arrange, on the customer’s behalf, the transportation of vehicle(s) with carriers (Hereinafter referred to as carrier) selected by from the specified pick up location to the specified drop off destination outlined in the shipping order.
3. Carriers transporting the vehicle(s) will only accept Cash or Postal Money Order from customer directly to the carrier for balance due upon delivery of your vehicle(s). Please have funds available to expedite your delivery unless you are shipping offshore or choose to PRE-PAY which requires payment in full, in advance.
4. If driver of carrier transporting the vehicle(s) feels he cannot maneuver or operate his truck at a destination location or neighborhood, it is the responsibility of the client or client’s agent to meet the driver for safe delivery of vehicle(s)at a location close to the clients home.
5. By clients signature or client’s agent signature, MCAT and carrier transporting the vehicle(s) and their employees are authorized to operate and transport vehicle(s) during transport, pick up/delivery or as needed to facilitate the transport of the vehicle(s).
6. Client agrees and understands that the carrier will route vehicles from origin to destination by routes within their own discretion and does not agree to any specified routing by client.
7. MCAT does not agree to transport the vehicle on any particular motor carrier, nor in time for any particular event unless client agrees in writing to the extra cost involved with guaranteed pick-up or delivery times. MCAT will not be responsible for any loss or damage created by an unavoidable delay. MCAT provides you with an estimated pick up and estimated arrival date of your vehicle(s). However the carrier transporting the vehicle(s) is subject to delays due to weather, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. There are absolutely no guarantees regarding delivery times and dates. MCAT and the carrier will not be held responsible for car rental fees or any accommodation fees.
8. Inoperable vehicle(s) are subject to additional charges. If vehicle(s) is inoperative such that it cannot be driven on and off a carrier’s truck under its own power, please tell us in advance so we can give you a correct quote. In the event that we are not told that a vehicle(s) is inoperative at the time of the quote; an additional fee of up to $200.00 will be added to the final amount to be collected by the carrier before the car is delivered. Additionally, in the event we are not informed of the correct model and type of the vehicle, including racks, extensions, oversized tires, etc., which render the vehicle oversized when we give you a quote. If we discover the oversized nature of clients vehicle(s) upon pick up, an additional fee of up to $300.00 will be added to the final amount to be collected by the carrier before the vehicle can be delivered. Please confirm the accuracy of all information you give when asking for a quote from MCAT.
9. No personal property shall be transported in client’s vehicle(s) that includes but is not limited to Explosives, Guns, Ammunition, Flammable Products, Narcotics, Negotiable and Legal Papers, Alcoholic Beverages, Jewelry, Furs, Money, Live Pets, Live Plants or any unlawful contraband. Client agrees that MCAT or carrier may confiscate or dispose of said items with no remuneration. MCAT and carrier will not be held responsible for delivery of personal property. If you wish to put items in the vehicle you do so at your own risk.
10. The Department of Transportation requires that all outstanding freight charges must be paid without deduction, so before your car can be taken off the truck, the total amount you owe must be paid in full with cash or Postal Money Order. Any damages should be properly noted while the driver is there, obtain the necessary information from the driver. Damage claims must be made within 5 days of delivery with pictures of specified damages claimed.
11. All claims for damage must be taken up directly with the carrier, and if there is any damage, the liability for damages lies solely with the carrier. MCAT will assist client with necessary carrier information (name, phone numbers of that particular motor carrier used for transport).
12. Signing the Bill of Lading at destination, without notation of damage, will be evidence of satisfactory delivery of vehicle. Under no circumstances can client make a claim if no damages were noted at delivery. Client or client’s agent is highly encouraged to check your vehicle(s) over very carefully before you sign the Bill of Lading.
13. In the event the carrier attempts to phone client to make arrangements to deliver vehicle(s) to Client or Clients agent and Client or Clients agent cannot be reached in a reasonable time frame, vehicle(s) will be dropped off at the nearest terminal, at the discretion of the carrier. All storage, COD, terminal fees and any extra trucking charges, if any will be due and payable to the carrier in either cash or cashiers check before vehicle(s) is released by terminal. Carrier will call client or agent 3 to 24 hours prior to pick up or delivery so the carrier can compute all COD charges In the event a truck is assigned to pick up your vehicle(s)and your vehicle(s)are not released due to non payment of vehicle(s)$75 will be added to the price of your load to reschedule your pick up date and requires a pre paid deposit.
14. Once you have authorized your shipping order and accepted your written quote, you are not required to pay any money until your vehicle is dispatched onto one of our Truck Partners (unless you are an off shore or prepaid customer which requires payment in full at the time of contracting).
When your Client Assistant or Account Executive has secured reservations on one of our Truck Partners for your vehicle they will call to let you know an estimated pick and delivery date; AT THAT TIME YOU MUST PROVIDE CHECK OR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION to the Client Assistant or Account Executive. Your information will not be processed until the car is actually loaded and moving toward its destination.
15. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington.
16. The parties agree that all actions or proceedings arising in connection with this agreement shall be tried and litigated exclusively in the State or Federal (if permitted by law and a party elects to file an action in federal court) courts located in the county of Clark, in the State of Washington.
This choice of venue is intended by the parties to be mandatory and not permissive in nature, and to preclude the possibility of litigation between the parties with respect to, or arising out of, this Agreement in any jurisdiction other than that specified in this section. Each party waives any right it may have to assert the doctrine of forum non conveniens or similar doctrine or to object to venue with respect to any proceeding brought in accordance with this section By action of this provision, the parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the aforementioned court.
17. Our company will match any price quoted by a 4 or 5 star rated Company on Transport reviews. The matched price is only valid for up to 5 days. If a carrier cannot be dispatched within the 5 days the price will go up to the original quoted price. If the order is canceled a $75 cancellation fee will be applied.